Section 1 and 2 Calls for proposals for 2018 of the PRIMA Programme. Estimated calls launch: early February 2018 (both sections).
PRIMA is a new Partnership on Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area based on the Decision
(EU) 2017/13241 of the European Parliament and of the Council entered into force on 7th August 2017.
The PRIMA programme counts 15 Participating States (PS): ALGERIA, CROATIA, CYPRUS, FRANCE, GERMANY,
GREECE, ISRAEL, ITALY, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, PORTUGAL, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, TUNISIA, and TURKEY. In
addition, it is expected that EGYPT, JORDAN, LEBANON, MOROCCO are to be considered for the time being
to be Participating States.2 (tbPS). Their full participation will be announced on the PRIMA website.
Through Resarch Collaborative Projects PRIMA aims to build research and innovation capacities and to
develop knowledge and common innovative solutions for agro-food systems, and water provision in the
Mediterranean area to make to make them sustainable, in line with the UN 2030 agenda for Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs).
PRIMA CALLS FOR PROPOSALS 2018
PRIMA programme activities will be implemented by as following:
SECTION 1: Actions and activities (Research & Innovation Actions (RIA), and Innovation actions (IA),
as defined in the General Annexes of H2020) organised, managed and funded by PRIMA Foundation.
SECTION 2: Activities (Research and Innovation Activities (RIA) based on national rules) selected
following transnational open and competitive calls for proposals, organised by PRIMA Foundation
and funded by the national funding bodies of PS.
BASIC INFORMATION FOR ALL CALLS (Section 1 and 2)
● Call process: a two stage process and a centralized evaluation by PRIMA Foundaton.
● Total estimated budget: Section 1: 18M€ (from the UE) and Section 2: 32M€ (from the countries).
● Estimated calls launch: early February 2018 (both sections).
● Estimated opening of the electronic submission website: one month before the deadline (both
● Estimated calls deadline stage 1: 17 April 2018 (section 1) and 27 March 2018 (section 2)
● Estimated calls deadline stage 2: 15 Sep 2018 (section 1) and 4 Sep 2018 (section 2)
● Publication of the calls documents (guidelines for applicants, templates, etc.): early February 2018
● Expected number of funded projects: up to 9 (section 1) and 20 – 30 (section 2).
● Eligible consortium: Three entities from three different PRIMA countries:
o At least one is established in a Member State : Croatia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece,
Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain,
o At least one is established in Algeria, or a To be Participating States (TbPs): Egypt, Jordan,
Lebanon and Morocco7 or in a third country bordering the Mediterranean Sea : Israel ,
More information PRIMA website: www.prima-med.org